When you don’t say what you mean – a new poem by Sonya Kassam
Today yesterday tomorrow
Diplomacy is was will be hollow
Say it like it is
What’s with the “excuse me please?”
Do you, in the boxing match
Hold back the power of your punch?
Or do you fail
To fully exhale?
Coat words with honey?
No! Claim back your money!
Is the smell of the dead
Covered by a flower spread?
The rupture of seething rage
Smothered by smiles so strange?
Let it be known
They will reap as they have sown
Bowing to false masters
Do you think we don’t see
Who the winner will truly be?
Hiding behind diplomacy
You sell the pride that belongs to me
More Like This
- Why do we neglect the real wealth in our lives?July 31, 2022
- What is leadership?August 7, 2022
- What kind of experience do tomorrow’s leaders need?July 17, 2022
- How many in your organization would leave tomorrow?July 24, 2022
- Why doubt is a powerful tool for enlightenmentJuly 10, 2022